Monitoring System of Burning Process in Cement Kiln No. 5 at Volyn Cement Plant
Description of technological object
Constituents of technological process of burning in kiln #5 at 'Volyn Cement' enterprise are:
- slurry batching;
- burning of raw mix in rotary cement kiln;
- supply and combustion of fuel gas;
- making of clinker and its extraction by means of clinker transporters;
- smoke and waste gas withdrawal by smoke exhauster through the chimney;
- supply of slag;
- cooling section with ventilators of chambers and aspiration ventilator;
- dust precipitation chamber and return of the dust through fuller-pumps back to the kiln;
- system of electrical filters with power supply of high voltage direct current and transporting system of dust extraction to intermediate bunker;
- clinker mill.
Destination of the system
Purpose of automation is creation of unified hardware-software solution that permits to perform continuous automated control of technological processes and provides successful performance of primary (main) and secondary (auxiliary) equipment as automated objects.
Structure and functions of the system
Hardware-software solution is implemented on the basis of programmable logical controller SIMATIC S7-300 from SIEMENS. Structure of the system is represented on figure 1.
Figure 1 - Structure chart of monitoring system of burning process
Controller implements acquisition, control and processing of analog and binary signals according to the algorithms assigned, remote control instructions and data exchange. As a whole, controller processes 70 analog and 85 binary input signals, 2 analog and 71 binary output signals.
The developed system provides the performing of following functions:
- information acquisition and centralized control, operative representation of information about technological process flow;
- monitoring of state of pumps, valves, ventilators, transporters, smoke exhauster, grinding mill and other equipment;
- remote and local control of electrical drives of the aforesaid equipmen
- alarm signaling on irregularity of technological variables;
- automatic continuous monitoring of state of health of basic facilities and devices;
- execution of safety actions;
- execution of procedures on data exchange in real time or on request.
PROFIBUS-DP is used as data transfer network. Number of nodes – 4.
Operator workstation on the basis of industrial PC with SCADA software of own development performs functions of visualization of technological process, data archiving and remote control. Also for the purpose of representation and control of the process OP 77B graphic operator panel manufactured by SIEMENS is used.
SCADA software of operator workstation performs following informational functions:
- acquisition, processing and representation of information (current values of parameters, state of equipment, signaling on irregularity of technological variables and so on);
- archiving of process variables, events and diagnostic information;
- calculation of slurry flow by measuring box and kiln productivity relative to clinker.
Also operator workstation receives data about concentration of emission of foul gases from 'SICK' gas analyzer and data about consumption of fuel gas from 'Logika' flow measuring computing system.
The control desk (see figure 2) is intended for indication and remote control of state of main actuating devices. On front panel of the control desk the control switches, engine starter and stop buttons, pointer indicators of position of actuating devices, indicator lamps of state of process environment.
Figure 2 – Front view of control desk
The automation system also performs functions of self-diagnostic and signaling about internal faults of equipment and is expandable.
Result of application of the system
Systems implementation permits:
- to increase process safety;
- to increase the efficiency of operation of technological equipment;
- to increase the efficiency of maintenance of technological process;
- to improve technical and economic indices;
- to decrease in-process loss;
- to save energy and operating resources;
- to increase quality of production;
- to decrease emissions of the dust and foul gases to atmosphere.